Portsmouth, VA Pest Control Services
Considered an independent city, Portsmouth, VA, sits across the Elizabeth River and is home to just under 100,000 residents. Home of the Norfolk Naval Shipyard and the Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, this city is booming with economic potential. Its rich history and excellent school systems make it a great place to settle down and raise a family. However, Portsmouth pest control needs have risen along with the boom in business in Portsmouth as pest populations have grown. Read on to learn how Diamond Exterminators and Crawlspace Solutions can help your home and business become pest-free today!
Residential Pest Control In Portsmouth
As homeowners, finding that pests have invaded our personal space not only shatters our sense of security but can also be an embarrassing experience. At Diamond Exterminators and Crawlspace Solutions, we pride ourselves on providing prompt, compassionate residential pest control services that have proven themselves over time to be the most effective methods. When one of our technicians enters your home, you can be sure:
- They will offer full pest damage repair.
- They are fully bonded, insured, trained, and certified.
- They will use pet-friendly, organic pest control and treatment options.
If you are dealing with pests in your home, don't lose sleep. Diamond Exterminators and Crawlspace Solutions is on standby, ready to help you regain your sense of security with our wide range of residential pest control services. Give us a call today!
Commercial Pest Control In Portsmouth
Because of the large human population in Portsmouth, is in higher demand than ever; this is because of the nature of pests; wherever people go, pests follow. It's not a case of if pests invade your business; it's when. That's why Diamond Exterminators and Crawlspace Solutions provides comprehensive commercial pest control services that you can trust. We are part of:
- The National Pest Control Association.
- The Virginia Pest Management Association.
- The Tidewater Pest Control Association.
Because pests can tank your establishment's reputation, as well as pose a threat to the health and safety of your employees and patrons, you can count on Diamond Exterminators and Crawlspace Solutions to provide prompt, efficient service from a fully bonded, insured, trained, and certified technician. Don't let pests throw a wrench in your business's operations; call us today to learn more about our commercial pest control services!
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Portsmouth Home
When it comes to effective bed bug control, a professional's help is always needed. These are among the most difficult pests to get rid of, and Diamond Exterminators and Crawlspace Solutions specializes in identifying infestations and exterminating them in their entirety. Below are some ways you can prevent them from invading your home in the first place:
- Wash your clothes and bedding regularly. Start by regularly washing your bedding and clothes in hot water and hot heat, as this will kill any bed bugs hiding in them.
- A good mattress cover will help keep bed bugs from being able to crawl inside your mattress.
- An easy way to bring bed bugs home is to pick up used furniture. Without knowing where that furniture came from, you could very easily be bringing in an infestation without your knowledge.
Bed bugs cause anxiety, paranoia, and insomnia. If you are dealing with an infestation, don't wait; call Diamond Exterminators and Crawlspace Solutions today for proven bed bug control.
Portsmouth Property Owner's Complete Guide To Effective Termite Control
Termites are dangerous pests that go unnoticed most of the time. If left uninterrupted, termites can, at best, cost you thousands in damage repairs and, at worst, completely compromise the structural integrity of your home. Below are some ways to prevent an infestation:
- Remove wood that is in contact with your home. Try not to have wooden structures brush up against your house. If there are termites in that wood, they will transfer to your home when they are through with the other wood structure. If you have a deck, paint it to reduce the appeal to termites.
- If you have firewood or other organic wooden debris on your property, be sure to store them far away from your house, making it much more difficult for termites to migrate to your home.
- Fix leaky pipes and spigots to reduce the humidity levels in your home, especially in crawlspaces, since termites are also attracted to moisture.
Diamond Exterminators and Crawlspace Solutions uses the toughest tools available on the professional market to root out and exterminate termite colonies in their entirety, ensuring they do not return. If you are looking for effective termite control, give us a call today!
Is It Just One Cockroach in My Portsmouth Home or an Infestation?
Cockroach infestations are among the most stressful to deal with, but they are, unfortunately, common home-invading critters. But does seeing one cockroach in your home mean you have an infestation? No, not necessarily.
Like many other pests, cockroaches can easily wander inside through open windows or doors or even get carried inside on potted plants. When this happens, you are likely not dealing with a full-on infestation. However, it's essential to remember cockroaches are quick reproducers, and given the right conditions, one or two of these pests can become a much larger issue.
One of the things that makes cockroaches so stressful to experience is how challenging they are to get rid of, so working with an expert is the best course of action.
If you need professional cockroach control, Diamond Exterminators and Crawl Space Solutions can help! Our pest control technicians are knowledgeable and experienced in dealing with cockroaches. Our services and methods will vary depending on your home's needs and what type of cockroach species you are dealing with, as some are more difficult to eliminate than others, such as German cockroaches.
Reach out today to learn more about how Diamond Exterminators and Crawl Space Solutions can assist you with your cockroach worries.
How Much Do You Really Know About Earwigs In Portsmouth?
Earwigs in Portsmouth are creepy crawly pests that commonly invade homes due to excess moisture and other conducive conditions they seek.
Despite the myth, earwigs aren't any more likely to go near your ears than any other pest, and they aren't dangerous because they don't spread diseases, bite, or sting. Still, earwigs are not a welcome site in any home!
If you are experiencing a problem with these pests, don't stress! We have residential pest control plans at Diamond Exterminators and Crawl Space Solutions to fit your needs. With weekly, monthly, or quarterly service plans available, we can treat your pest problems on a schedule that is right for you and your situation.
We'll start you off with an inspection by one of our pest control technicians to identify problem areas on the interior and exterior of your home. After the inspection, we will present our findings and offer you treatment and plan suggestions. Then we will implement the appropriate treatments to eliminate active pests and prevent future ones.
With the assistance of our expert pest control technicians, you can get rid of earwigs from your Portsmouth home, so call Diamond Exterminators and Crawl Space Solutions today!
Are Your Portsmouth Pets Safe From Fleas?
If you have pets, you are likely aware of fleas, but you might not know much about them, including how dangerous they can be, and even if you don't have pets, you should keep reading!
Fleas are tiny, about 1/12 to 1/6 of an inch, external parasites that feed on warm-blooded animals. Not only will fleas cause frustrating and uncomfortable bites for your pets, but they can transmit diseases like murine typhus, tungiasis, tularemia, bartonellosis, and tapeworm. Unfortunately, people can also be affected by these pests, so it's essential to know how to prevent and control them.
To help protect yourself and your pets from fleas, implement these prevention tips:
- Work with your veterinarian to ensure all your pets are on a flea preventative.
- Regularly bathe and have your pets professionally groomed when needed.
- Vacuum your home and clean pet bedding frequently.
- Keep your yard maintained by mowing the lawn and trimming foliage to eliminate conducive conditions.
- Install fencing and address wildlife and rodent concerns, as they often carry fleas onto residential properties.
For flea pest control assistance, contact us at Diamond Exterminators and Crawl Space Solutions. Our pest control technicians are highly trained and ready to work with you to keep fleas away!
All The Ways You Attract The Mosquitoes In Portsmouth
While mosquitoes are a problem for everyone, some yards are more attractive to these annoying pests, and yours might be one of them!
Here's how your property could be attracting mosquitoes:
- Small amounts of standing water, which mosquitoes need to breed
- Overgrown grass and foliage
- Shady areas that provide mosquitoes protection from the hot sun, which quickly dehydrates them
- A lot of flowering plants, which mosquitoes feed on to get the nutrients they need
The best way to get rid of mosquitoes is with our Diamond Exterminators and Crawl Space Solutions services. When working with us, we address how you might attract these pests to your yard through monthly treatments from April to October. We also offer one-time treatments, which are excellent if you are hosting an outdoor wedding or event, so be sure to ask when you contact us for a free inspection and estimate!
Call Diamond Exterminators and Crawl Space Solutions for mosquito control in Portsmouth!