Among the many reasons for termite infestation, allowing damp and rotting wood to proliferate can lead to costly repairs in the future. For this reason alone, it is recommended that you check your home for moisture, and have it controlled to mitigate further damage. Apart from termite and ant infestation, damp and damaged structural parts of your home, such as wooden floor joists, can cause fungi to spread. Not only do these problems come with a high price tag to address, but it can also devalue your home and threaten the health of your loved ones. Diamond Exterminators provides moisture control and inspection in Chesapeake, Virginia so that you can rest easy knowing that your home is safe and secure.
Check for the symptoms of moisture exposure:
- Nasal and sinus congestion – often manifested by a runny nose
- Itchy, red, and watery eyes in the absence of apparent irritants
- Difficulty in breathing made apparent by constant wheezing and tightness in the chest area
- Headaches that come and go for no reason at all
- Irritation in the throat and skin despite having no allergies
Allowing mold exposure to continue can lead to adverse health effects on your loved ones. Hospitalization is a whole other financial burden we want our clients to avoid having to deal with. Leaving your home’s moisture levels unattended for years can also deal heavy damage on its structural integrity.
When moisture is trapped in the floorboards of your home, it will eventually weaken the foundation of your home. This serves as an open invitation to termite infestation, and without any way to find out right away, you may end up needing to have your entire infrastructure repaired. As they say, preventative maintenance is always better than restorative approaches.
Feel free to contact us today for an inspection of your home’s moisture levels.
Our Moisture Inspection Process
When left untreated, moisture issues can result in expensive repairs down the line. Testing your property for moisture includes identifying structural defects such as warping and cracking and highlighting areas that could trigger leakage and timber pest activity. By allowing an experienced professional to perform a thorough inspection, you can breathe easy knowing your property is in capable hands.
At Diamond Exterminators, your safety and comfort is our priority. We follow a thorough approach to ensure every nook and cranny is checked. To start off the process, our team of certified moisture inspectors will be visiting your home to evaluate the situation. Once all of the usual spots have been checked, our team will provide you with a detailed report of recommendations on how to address the areas with high moisture. There are cases wherein our clients aren’t even sure that they’re already experiencing exposure to moisture damage, all because they haven’t had the moisture levels of their home inspected.
Signs Your Home Has Moisture Damage
- Your home has a constant, musty smell that won’t go away
- Water stains appear on the ceiling and walls. They may be circular and brown around the edges
- Leaking within the walls. Listen for any sounds of water gushing
- Unexplained coolness in a room – this may indicate moisture is evaporating nearby
- Unusually high water bills – even the smallest of leaks can yield a hundred gallons of water a day. If you feel your bills are high, have your pipes inspected.
Effective Solutions for Moisture Control
With over 20 years of experience, Diamond Exterminators has built a reputation for reliable moisture control services in Chesapeake. We offer custom solutions designed to give residential and commercial clients the best value for their money.
- Industry-certified tradesmen – Diamond Exterminators is a member of the National Pest Control Association, the Virginia Pest Management Association, and the Tidewater Pest Control Association.
- Thoroughness – Our technicians strive to provide excellent work, regardless of the size of the property or challenge at hand.
- Peace of mind – Investing in moisture control keeps your home safe and structurally sound all year long.
Our team of property specialists will be more than happy to answer all your queries. Call +1 (757)-545-2001 now to book a free inspection.