Moisture Control and Inspection
Moisture Control and Inspection in Chesapeake, Virginia
Among the many reasons for termite infestation, allowing damp and rotting wood to proliferate can lead to costly repairs in the future. For this reason alone, it is recommended that you check your home for moisture, and have it controlled to mitigate further damage. Apart from termite and ant infestation, damp and damaged structural parts of your home, such as wooden floor joists, can cause mold and fungi to spread. Not only do these problems come with a high price tag to address, it can also devalue your home and threaten the health of your loved ones. Diamond Exterminators provides moisture control and inspection in Chesapeake, Virginia so that you can rest easy knowing that your home is safe and secure.
To start off the process, our team of certified moisture inspectors will be visiting your home to evaluate the situation. Once all of the usual spots have been checked, our team will provide you with a detailed report of recommendations on how to address the areas with high moisture. There are cases wherein our clients aren’t even sure that they’re already experiencing exposure to mold, all because they haven’t had the moisture levels of their home inspected.
Check the list below for the symptoms of mold exposure:
- Nasal and sinus congestion – often manifested by a runny nose
- Itchy, red, and watery eyes in the absence of apparent irritants
- Difficulty in breathing, made apparent by constant wheezing and tightness in the chest area
- Headaches that come and go for no reason at all
- Irritation in the throat and skin despite having no allergies
Allowing mold exposure to continue can lead to adverse health effects on your loved ones. Hospitalization is a whole other financial burden we want our clients to avoid having to deal with. And apart from mold exposure, leaving your home’s moisture levels unattended for years can also deal heavy damage on its structural integrity.
When moisture is trapped in the floorboards of your home, it will eventually weaken the foundation of your home. This serves as an open invitation to termite infestation, and without any way to find out right away, you may end up needing to have your entire infrastructure repaired. As they say, preventative maintenance is always better than restorative approaches.
Feel free to contact us today for an inspection of your home’s moisture levels.
Signs Your Home Has Moisture Damage
- Your home has a constant, musty smell that won't go away
- Water stains appear on the ceiling and walls. They may be circular and brown around the edges
- Leaking within the walls. Listen for any sounds of water gushing
- Unexplained coolness in a room - this may indicate moisture is evaporating nearby
- Unusually high water bills - even the smallest of leaks can yield a hundred gallons of water a day. If you feel your bills are high, have your pipes inspected