Protect Your Property With Professional Fungus Treatments
Your home should feel safe and secure for you and your loved ones, which isn't possible when the fungus is allowed to grow out of control. That's why we provide thorough fungus treatments in the Chesapeake area so you can enjoy peace of mind.
If you notice or observe signs of fungus growth, don't hesitate to reach out to our team. We'll have you fungus-free quickly and breathing easier in no time!
How Fungus Grows In Your Home
Like other organic substances, your home can produce conducive conditions perfect for unwanted fungal growth. Some of the most common examples are:
- Water damage: This includes damage around your windows and doors and is the leading cause of fungus growth in the home.
- Excessive humidity: Without proper ventilation, a high humidity level can occur inside your house. One of the main risks is fungus growth when this happens.
- Leaks and condensation: Most common in the crawl space or attic, it's possible that a leaking hose or excess condensation around your AC unit can lead to fungal growth in your home.
Even if your home has moisture problems for just a short time, there could be long-term problems you haven't noticed. That's why it's always a good idea to get an inspection so you can tackle concerns before they become problems.
If you suspect or notice fungus in your home, reach out to our technicians at Diamond Exterminators and Crawl Space Solutions immediately for comprehensive fungus treatments that get you back to safe and healthy living.
Signs You Have Fungal Growth In Your Home
While fungus can sneak up on you, the truth is that the signs are easy to spot once you know where you need to pay attention. Some common infestation signs include but aren't limited to:
- Strong/musky odor similar to old books
- Spotted clothing
- Fungus sighting
- Warped walls
- Persistent cough or cold
- And more!
Don't let another moment go by if you notice any of these signs of growth in your home. The sooner you take action, the sooner your health isn't at risk. Contact Diamond Exterminators and Crawl Space Solutions today to explore your fungus treatment options!
Our Fungus Treatment Process
At Diamond Exterminators and Crawl Space Solutions, we take fungus growth in your home seriously, which is why we happily provide fungus treatments for the residents of Chesapeake and the surrounding area. Before getting to work on your treatment, we begin with an inspection, during which we check for the following:
- Leaky roofs
- Poor indoor plumbing
- Broken drainage
- Damp basements and crawl spaces
- Improper ventilation for equipment/appliances
These are the most commonly affected areas of the home, which is why the bulk of our focus lies here. After the inspection, we provide a complete fungus treatment, which includes evaluation, removal, and protection in addition to the initial examination.
Depending on the condition of the fungi we find, we'll customize our service to better fit your unique situation. However, our two main methods are either spot treatments or full treatment.
For the treatment itself, we'll use a Tim-Bor product, a white powder mixed with water. We apply this application with a spray gun, ensuring maximum coverage.
While fungus treatments are needed first, we also recommend installing encapsulation or vapor barrier for additional protection.
If you're ready to take back control of your home, then reach out to us today! Contact Diamond Exterminators and Crawl Space Solutions to start your fungus treatment!
Fungi Prevention Tips
Ideally, you never have to worry about fungus growth in your home. However, these prevention tips can help you remain protected:
- Maintain a dry house.
- Empty your washing machine of wet clothing.
- Wash shower curtains and bathroom tiles.
- Minimize your number of indoor plants.
- Repair all leaks.
- Keep crawl spaces well-ventilated.
- Use dehumidifiers in basements or other hot spots as needed.
- Clean your dehumidifiers weekly.
By following these tips and relying on our team of professionals, you can confidently avoid fungus problems in your home, allowing you the sanctuary you deserve and want.