Make Your Property Mosquito-Free With Mosquito Reduction
Warmer weather and beautiful sunshine are what everyone in the Hampton Roads area wants. However, it's equally true that no one wants mosquitoes flying around their property. Mosquitoes feed on human blood, leaving behind itchy welts that are annoying to experience.
Unfortunately, mosquitoes are more than simply annoying. They are also among the most dangerous pests in the world, thanks to the various diseases they transmit. For this reason, we're ready and willing to assist you with your mosquito reduction needs. Take back control of your property and say goodbye to mosquitoes with our Diamond Exterminators and Crawlspace Solutions team.
How Dangerous Are Mosquitoes?
We mentioned that mosquitoes transmit diseases. Unfortunately, these diseases are more than capable of changing people's lives, and they can even cause death. Some of the most common in the U.S. are:
- Dengue fever
- West Nile virus
- Eastern equine encephalitis
In other countries, there are other diseases more prevalent, such as malaria, yellow fever, and Zika, making international travel risky without the proper precautions. In addition, none of these diseases have standardized treatments available since everyone is affected slightly differently.
Due to the inherent danger posed by mosquitoes, it's always a good idea to practice caution while traveling and leave mosquito control in the hands of people trained and equipped to handle the problem.
Our Mosquito Reduction Process
At Diamond Exterminators and Crawlspace Solutions, we understand how serious mosquito problems can be for you and your loved ones. That's why we happily step in to get started with a comprehensive inspection so that we can provide the best mosquito reduction solutions possible. During the inspection, we'll focus on the following:
- Infestation areas: These areas include puddles of standing water, which mosquitoes use to lay their eggs.
- Shaded areas: These shaded areas offer mosquitoes needed coverage, especially from the heat of the day. In addition, these resting areas result in more activity during the evening.
- Humid areas: High humidity levels lead to higher mosquito activity and a greater population.
Once we finish the inspection, we'll get to work on your treatment. We provide monthly treatments from April to October. During the treatment, we use backpack sprayers for maximum coverage.
For safety, we ask that all pets be kept inside during the treatment and for at least an hour after treatment since we'll spray the foliage, landscape, trees, and bushes. If desired, we can provide one-time treatments for special occasions.
Our pest control technicians are prepared to handle your mosquito infestation every step of the way. That's why you can relax, knowing you're fully covered with our mosquito reduction services. Don't hesitate to contact us to get started on your mosquito-free life!
Mosquitoes Prevention Tips For You
The best way to avoid a mosquito problem is to prevent them from invading your property in the first place. That's why we've put together a list of handy mosquito prevention tips below:
- Lawn maintenance: Overgrown landscaping leads to plenty of mosquito resting areas.
- Window screens: Mosquitoes can't get inside if window screens are in good repair.
- Eliminate all standing water sources: Puddles, pools, and other sources are perfect breeding grounds for mosquitoes.
- Gutter system performance: A clogged gutter can lead to pooling water, which translates to mosquitoes invading your property.
- Plants matter: Certain plants like citronella and others will repel mosquitoes since they don't like the smell. Plant these for an edge in prevention.
Combine these prevention tips with our professional mosquito reduction services for the perfect level of protection for your Hampton Roads property. Contact Diamond Exterminators and Crawlspace Solutions today to find out more about our home pest control and commercial pest control options!